Are you looking for the best air cooler in India in 2020? Well, we hope a full-fledged guide comprising details of the top 10 air coolers, might help! You can even check out the pros and cons of the different products!
We have prepared a list of the Best Air coolers in India, this consist of the top air coolers which have got the best reviews, ratings and have an overall exceptional track record. In this article, we shall be briefing you about the various types of coolers which are available in the country, and the ones which are preferred the most.
Each product description will contain information about the cooler, its features, pros and cons. However, before we start let us clarify some things out. Many people while shopping online get confused about “what is the difference between an air cooler and an air conditioner?” and “How many types of Air Coolers are there?”. So, let us clear your doubts.
Difference between an Air Cooler and an Air Conditioner (AC)
Air coolers as the name suggest just cools the air. It does this by adding humidity to the air. An air cooler consists of a big fan which can be made of plastic or metal. It is surrounded on three sides by nets made out of wooden scrapings (honeycomb pads). The air cooler has water storage compartment which is open and visible right below the fan.
When the air cooler is switched on, the water from the storage compartment makes its way to the top of those honeycomb pads placed on the sides. The water then keeps on pouring down these nets, while the fan is moving simultaneously. This, in turn, creates a cooling effect, which is achieved by the humidity it adds to the air. A person sitting in front of an air cooler will definitely feel a bit cool due to the cooling effect. The only thing is, an air cooler will only work efficiently in dry areas if the air already has moisture the air cooler will be ineffective.
Air coolers are worth less than air conditioners and use about 1/5th of the power which is used by an AC tor work. Its main functionality is to humidify the air and spin the fan at a fast speed (or the speed you set it up at). Air coolers require less maintenance and you can find their spare parts easily available in the market. Other than this, these air coolers do not need the use of stabilizers and do not use and gaseous compound in order to achieve a cooling effect.
Air conditioners, on the other hand, consume a lot of power when they work. About 5 times more power than an air cooler. AC’s work on the principle of taking heat from one place and transferring it to another place. They have an inbuilt fan and have a compressor which releases a gaseous substance in order to throw out cool air from their vents. The backside of an AC (window AC’s) or the exhaust of an AC (Split AC), throw out hot air. Doing so creates a cool environment inside the room or fixed space. AC’s can lower the temperature of a room by 10-20°C, they can make a room attain a temperature of 20°C even if outside the room the temperature is 36°C. Other than this, Air conditioners can also be used to increase the temperature of a room. The same case does not apply to air conditioners.
Now, with that clarified. Let us check out the different type of coolers available in the market.
Types of Air Coolers
1. Desert Cooler:
Desert Air Coolers are not much different from room coolers per se. It is just that desert coolers are placed outside a window. They are fixed there, and they suck in air from the outside, this gives a ventilation effect. Desert coolers tend to be heavier and durable as they have to be placed outside the house. Other than that, a desert cooler works on the same principle as any other air cooler. When it is turned on, it humidifies the dry air with the help of the water that flows on the 3 sides, this in turn, creates a cooling effect.
2. Personal Cooler:
Personal air coolers are much smaller in size, and are more compact. They have gotten their name as ‘personal’ as you can consider them useful for personal uses, or personal spaces. Like if you were to place them inside a small room or kitchen, they would be effective. If you were to place a personal cooler in a big room it would be ineffective, as they don’t possess a very large range.
3. Tower Cooler:
Tower coolers are long but not very wide, they are constructed to be slim so that they can take up less space. The name ‘tower’ is given as they have vertical-dominant built. These coolers are very effective as they throw out air with high speeds and can cool a room in no time.
4. Window Cooler:
Window air coolers are designed like cuboid and have a shape similar to a window AC. These air coolers are preferably used in areas which have dry weather. A window cooler is placed outside a window, it sucks air from the outside. The air sucked from the outside is passed over a damp pad, which in turn humidifies the air and makes it moist. This adds a cooling effect and helps make the room cool by throwing out this air with the help of its fan.
Here are the Top 10 Air Coolers in India 2020
Now that both those queries have been clarified let us begin with the list of the top 10 air coolers in India 2020. The list that we have prepared has been done on the basis of ranking, track record and ratings. This list consists of a variety of coolers which we think provide value for money and are considered the best air cooler for home in India. So, let’s check it out.
1 – Symphony Hicool i 31 Litre Air Cooler with Remote Control and i-Pure Technology
Symphony is a brand which has been around a long time in India. It has created and produced various types of air coolers. The ‘Symphony Hicool i 31 litre Air Cooler’ is a personal cooler. It is a bit compact in size but not too small. The design which is given to this cooler is not very unique and can be seen among other personal coolers. This air cooler was basically made to give small spaces spot cooling, it is comfortable to sit in front of.
This air cooler created by Symphony has wheels so you can easily move it around. It has water storage capacity at the bottom which can’t be seen fully. But there is a transparent margin which has different levels marked, so you get to know how much water is left in the air cooler.
As this air cooler possesses i-Pure and Hicool technology, you can be assured that the air thrown out by the fan will be purified of smell, bacteria, dust, and even allergy. Due to the presence of Hicool technology; Dura-Pump Technology & SMPS Technology is used, which helps increase the life of the pump and protects the cooler against voltage fluctuations.
- This air cooler has a system restore function, which remembers the previous setting you had made. Once the cooler starts it restores those settings hence saving you time and assuring efficiency.
- This air cooler also possesses an ice inlet along with a water inlet; its tank size is 31L.
- Along with a water inlet, there is an overflow water outlet, which will neatly remove the excess water; water can be collected in a bucket.
- This air cooler comes with a fully-operative remote which has settings to set a timer up to 7 hours.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 50 x 38 x 91.5 cm ; 10.8 Kg
- Price: will be around Rs.8,500-Rs.11,000.
- Consumes low power; only up to 185W. Is eco-friendly for rooms up to the size of 50m^3.
- Gives out an alarm for 5 seconds when the water tank is empty.
- Comes with a fully-operative remote for easy use.
- Has wheels on the bottom so you can move it with ease.
- Easy access to the water inlet, outlet and ice compartment.
- Has control buttons on top of the air cooler in case you want to manually change the settings.
- This air cooler can only be used for small space up to 50m^3.
- This air cooler will take a lot of time to cool big spaces.
- It ineffective in cooling if the air is already humid.
2 – Hindware SNOWCREST 85-H Desert Air Cooler
Hindware is another name which strikes a person’s mind when someone mentions air coolers. Hindware Snowcrest 85-H is the best air cooler for home in India, according to sources. This personal air cooler has a big area which is used to throw out cool air. In comparison to other personal air coolers, the one presented by Hindware is focused on providing you with more air at once.
This air cooler is pretty simple when it comes to controls and how it works. It has three controls, situated on the top of the cooler. These controls will let you manage the speed of air and the amount of humidity/cooling you want. Snowcrest has honeycomb-design cooling pads which are placed on the three sides of the cooler.
This personal air cooler has an ice chamber located on the top of the cooler. On adding ice to it, you will get an even cooler experience, in the right conditions it may even feel better than an AC. This compact air cooler has a water level indicator, to help you out and let you know when there is not enough water in the cooler. The Hindware Snowcrest is suitable for indoor use as it has castor wheels which can be used to move the air cooler around the house.
- This personal air cooler is inverter compatible, uses up to 200 watts only.
- Guarantees a high quantity of air delivery.
- Has wheels and can easily be moved.
- Its water tank has a capacity of 85litres.
- Possesses four-way air deflection technology.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 48 x 37 x 87 cm
- Price: will be around Rs.9,000 – Rs.12,000.
- Throws out a great quantity of air in comparison to other personal air coolers.
- Has wheels, so can easily be moved from one place to another.
- Has a four-way air deflection technology.
- Simple controls.
- This air cooler will not be able to cool big areas.
- This air cooler will not work efficiently in humid conditions.
- You’re going to have to manually change the settings.
3 – Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36 Ltrs Room Air Cooler
Bajaj is one of the best air cooler brand in India, they have strived for so long. With a wide range of air coolers to choose from, they have come up with a simple yet efficient air cooler. The Bajaj Platini PX97 is a personal air cooler as it is small I size, but still tends to easily cool up a small room. However, for is to cool any particular space efficiently it is required that you allow proper cross-ventilation. This way the outside air makes its way inside and doesn’t allow the room to become too humid.
Bajaj has been selling air coolers for quite some time now in India. The speciality of their air coolers is that they are simple yet efficient. There is no control buttons or complex ways to fill water, but rather simple controls on top of the air cooler and an easy water inlet option.
The Platini PX97 doesn’t make much noise but does provide you with enough airflow. To give you an estimate, this air cooler provides an average of 1300m^3 per hour of airflow.
- This air cooler is lightweight and has wheels for easy movement.
- Has a 36litre water holding capacity.
- Has two control knobs on the top corner; one for ‘Fan speed’ and the other for ‘Swing Pump’.
- Can throw air up to 30ft distance and easily cool a room of 150 square ft.
- This air cooler has a four-way air deflection technology.
- The Platini PX97 is inverter compatible.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 33 x 33 x 50 cm ; 11 Kg
- Price: Will be worth below Rs.7000
- Can throw air up to 30ft that’s from; one corner of a room to the other.
- Lightweight and has wheels; you can easily move it around the house.
- Has simple controls.
- You will have to allow air-ventilation or it will cause too much humidity.
- Only useful for small spaces; will be inefficient in big rooms.
- Can only be used indoor, won’t be effective outdoor.
- This air cooler isn’t very durable.
4 – Symphony Diet 12T 12 Litre Personal Air Cooler with i-Pure Technology
Symphony has a good track record when it comes to the efficiency and durability of their products. The company has come up with the Symphony Diet 12T 12 Litre Personal Air cooler and has got a good response from over 2000 customers. As the name mentions ‘personal air cooler’ this air cooler is also known as the best portable air cooler in India. The only reason being it is lightweight and you can move it around with ease due to the presence of wheels at the bottom.
This air cooler is also considered a small tower cooler as it built like a tower cooler but is compact enough to be categorized as a personal cooler. With a 3 star rating out of 5 (Amazon statistics) this tower cooler is considered to be worth its price. More than half of the body (front side) is used up to throw out air.
This air cooler is mainly used for small compact spaces and indoor cooling, it will be ineffective outdoors. However, as this air cooler does mainly focus on the amount of air it throws out and that also with high speeds, it tends to make a lot of noise in comparison to other air coolers of this size.
It has two controls located on the top of the cooler and has ‘water level’ display located on the front side at the bottom of the air cooler. This helps a person know when it is time to refill the air cooler with water. Along with that, it used a single honeycomb pad located at the backside. However, it has different layers to help give out fresh air; A dust filter and 2.5PM wash filter. The backside has an inlet for ice water, an outlet for overflow of water, and also has a drainage plug located at the bottom side of the air cooler.
- Compact air cooler built in the shape of a tower; categorized as a personal air cooler.
- Has only 1 honeycomb pad located at the back; has a dust filter, 2.5PM wash filter.
- This air cooler has two controls on top; ‘air speed control’ and ‘swing pump’.
- Has a water drainage plug at the bottom, ice water inlet and a water outlet at the backside.
- Can hold up to 12litres of water at full capacity.
- This personal air cooler has wheels so it can be easily moved.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 30 x 33 x 84.5 cm ; 7.7 Kg
- Price: Will cost around Rs.5,500-Rs.6,000
- Lightweight and has wheels; easy movement.
- Can throw air up to 30ft
- Can easily cool a room of 30m^3.
- Consumes low power, works on 170watts/230V.
- Delicate, as it is pretty small and weighs less.
- Can cool only small rooms.
- Makes a lot of noise in comparison to other air coolers of this size.
5 – Crompton Greaves Ozone 75-Litre Desert Air Cooler
Crompton has been known to provide exquisite designs to its products, making them look attractive and durable. Well, Crompton presents you with the best air cooler for home in India. This air cooler is categorized as a desert cooler due to its heavyweight and big size. However, due to possessing a plastic body and wheels at the bottom of the structure the Crompton Greaves Ozone is suitable for indoor use, rather than being placed outside a house’s window.
This desert air cooler has a 75litre water holding capacity, which ensures log hours of cooling and doesn’t require you to get up to refill the cooler frequently. Its cooling capabilities are assisted by 3 honeycomb pads located at the three sides, which guarantee efficient and fast cooling. Half of its front side has been used up to create an air vent in order to deliver a good amount of air.
The front side of this desert cooler possesses a water inlet. You can even add ice into it directly through that inlet, or use the ice chamber located at the top. It also has a ‘water level’ indicator, which has different levels printed on them so you know when to fill water into the air cooler. The wheels which are used in this air cooler are locking wheels to ensure your air cooler stays in place. There are two controls present at the front side, one for the airspeed and the other to control swing/pump. Due to its plastic body, it is rust-free and has a 4 way-deflection technology
- This air cooler has wheels for easy movement; you can also lock them.
- Water level indicator and two controls present to change the settings.
- Water inlet located at the front side, along with an icebox on the top of the air cooler.
- This desert cooler has inverter capabilities.
- This air cooler has 4-way air deflection technology and a 75litre water tank.
- Can throw air up to 52ft, air delivery of 46000m^3/hr and
- It can easily cool a room of size of 550 sq. ft.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 61 x 40.5 x 120 cm ; 14.5 Kg
- Price: Will cost you about Rs.12,000.
- Easy movements because of wheels.
- Two controls on the top and an icebox. Water indicator located on the front side.
- Works on low power 190watts/230V.
- High water holding capacity- 75litres.
- Inverter capabilities.
- Rust-free and easy cleanup.
- Can throw air up to 52ft and easily cool a room of 550 sq ft.
- A bit heavy and the lock-in wheels may be an issue at times.
- Plastic body, hence not preferred to be placed outdoors.
- Comparatively small to other desert air coolers.
6- Symphony Siesta 70 Ltrs Air Cooler
Symphony has been known to make air coolers which are simple in design but get the job done easily. Symphony has come up with the best air cooler under 10000 in India, this is in context to it being big and not being categorized as a personal air cooler. For 10k you will be getting the benefits of a big air cooler. Now coming to the features of this air cooler, it has a 16-inch fan which is driven by a powerful motor. This air cooler has wheels located on the bottom of its structure which ensures easy mobility indoors.
This air cooler has a plastic-based body design with half of its front side space used up for throwing out air churned by its powerful fan. Symphony Siesta is an air cooler which has 3 honeycomb pads located at the three of its sides to assist in exceptional cooling. This air cooler requires proper cross-ventilation, meaning in a closed room it will lose its effectiveness. It has two controls located at the top of the air cooler, which can be used to control the airflow and swing/pump of the air cooler.
This air cooler has a water inlet located on the front side, which is big enough for you to put in ice. It also has a water level indicator located at the bottom, so you know when you have to fill up the air cooler. The company claims to have installed a better quality grill in front of the fan for better airflow.
- This air cooler has a plastic-based structure, making it rust-free.
- It has inverted compatibility.
- It has caster wheels at the bottom of its structure for better movement.
- Works on low power of 160watt/230V.
- Has a big water inlet located on the front side right below the fan.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 61.8 x 50.5 x 111.5 cm ; 13 Kg
- Price: It will cost you under Rs.10,000.
- Simple and easy to use, can be moved around with ease.
- Water inlet is big, hence you can directly add ice to it
- It has inverter compatibility.
- Can cool a room up to 370 Sq. Ft.
- It can hold up to 70litres of water.
- Doesn’t provide many features unlike other air coolers of the same size.
- Cooler won’t work properly in closed rooms.
- Basic design doesn’t look very appealing.
7 – Bajaj DC2015 43 Ltrs Room Air Cooler
The best air cooler brand in India, Bajaj has brought its A-game when it came to making air coolers. This company has been selling air coolers for quite a while now in India and has established its name within the market. The Bajaj DC2015 43Ltrs air cooler has received a good rating by customers, it got 3.5 stars out of 5 stars. This air cooler is made for cooling big rooms faster. This air cooler can be moved around with ease as it possesses castor wheels at the bottom of its structure.
This air cooler is big enough to be categorized as a desert cooler. It has a plastic body so, there is no question about it getting rust. The air cooler has 3 honeycomb pads located on three sides of it, to assist it in fast and easy cooling to the room. It possesses a 4-way air deflection technology, to ensure the air reaches every part of the room. Most of the space on the front side is allotted to the fan to throw out air at high speeds. It has a grill in front of the fan which can be adjusted to make sure the air flows in a certain direction.
This desert air cooler has a 43litre water holding capacity. It also possesses three controls which are located on the top of the air cooler. These controls are used for speed control and swing/pump settings. This air cooler can cool a large room with ease, a room as big as 600 Sq. ft.
- This air cooler has a plastic body structure; rust-free.
- This air cooler can store up to 43ltrs of water in its tank.
- It can cool a room of size 600 Sq. ft. with ease
- It has castor wheels which ensure easy mobility.
- Works on the power of 200watts/230V.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 63.5 x 47 x 109.2 cm ; 19.2 Kg
- Price: Will cost you about Rs.11,000.
- This air cooler can easily cool a room of 600 Sq. ft.
- It is rust-free and has easy controls.
- This air cooler has wheels; ensuring easy mobility.
- Works on 200watts/230V of power.
- It has inverter compatibility.
- It is heavy so you may have an issue moving it with water inside.
- Cross ventilation is required or else this air cooler will become inefficient.
- It won’t provide a cooling effect if your surrounding is already humid.
8 – Flipkart SmartBuy Alpine Tower Air Cooler
This tower air cooler is Flipkart’s best air cooler in this price range with it being ‘Flipkart assured’. This air cooler presented by Flipkart is the best air cooler under 6000 in India, in terms of it being a tower air cooler and being efficient. This air cooler has a plastic body structure making it lightweight and rust-free. It also possesses a 47litre water tank which has a water level indicator, to help you notice when you need to refill your cooler.
On a full water tank, this cooler can work for 12 hours straight, after which you will have to refill it. The space allotted for the throwing out of the air has blinds which can be closed when not in use. These blinds are free to move so you can set the direction the air moves in. This air cooler also has a digital display on the top, with two controls (one for airspeed, the other for swing/pump). This tower air cooler has an icebox fitted on top of the cooler, which is big. It has a water inlet on one of its sides.
This tower air cooler has only 1 honeycomb pad, at the backside. It is guarded by a layer of net which acts as a filter for dust and mosquitoes. The honeycomb pad is easy to clean and covers the whole backside. There is a cord hanger right next to the honeycomb pad. This tower air cooler can be easily moved around due to the presence of 4 castor wheels at the bottom of its structure.
- This is a tower air cooler which has a digital display at the front.
- It has a 47litre water tank; the air cooler can cool for 12 hours on a full tank.
- There is only 1 honeycomb pad located on the backside.
- This tower air cooler has 4 castor wheels which will assist in easy mobility.
- It has a water level indicator and 2 controls to set the airflow.
- It has a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 34cm x 132cm x 36cm; 12.2kg
- Price: It will cost you about below Rs.6000
- This air cooler can throw air up to 28ft, and can cool a room of size 230 sq. ft.
- It has a 47litre water tank, which supports the air cooler for 12 hours.
- Has 4 castor wheels for easy mobility.
- Only has one honeycomb pad; easy cleaning.
- It is a bit delicate and can be tipped over.
- As the blinds closing the air vent are big, you will easily be able to spot any dirt on them.
- Is only good for cooling small areas.
9 – Hindware Snowcrest 50 – W Desert Air Cooler
If you were to look at this air cooler which has been brought forward by Hindware, you would be amazed to see how much air it can deliver in one go. This is one of the best air cooler in India under 7000, in terms of the features it provides.
This desert air cooler is about 3.4ft in height and has a plastic-based body design. The front side of this air cooler is mostly the area covered by the air vent (which is pretty big). The Hindware Snowcrest has a high air delivery of 3300m^3/hr all due to its powerful fan and big air vent.
It has honeycomb pads on all three sides to assist in easy cooling, these pads are made up of wood-wool. Which lets the water spread evenly and then work together with the fan to provide a nice humid/cooling effect. It also has a 4-way air deflection technology to ensure that air reaches every corner of the room/space.
This air cooler has a water inlet on the front side, which opens up and you can manually put in water with the help of a mug or use a hose to fill up the water tank fast. It even has a water level indicator to help you know when you are required to fill in water and when you’re not.
This desert air cooler has 4 castor wheels fitted to the bottom of its body structure, which ensures smooth movement throughout the house. This desert cooler is compatible with an inverter. It has two controls just above the air vent, which can be used to control the speed of air and swing/pump.
- This air cooler is categorized as a desert cooler due to its big size.
- It has a big air vent, and high air delivery capacity (of 3300m^3/hr).
- It is inverter compatible and works on 190watts of power.
- It has 4 castor wheels for smooth mobility.
- It has a 4-way air deflection system.
- This desert air cooler comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 24.80 x 20.70 x 40.94 inches
- Price: Will cost you below Rs.7000.
- This air cooler can easily be moved from one place to another.
- High air delivery and a big space to throw out cool air from.
- Can cool big rooms and spaces.
- It consumes less amount of power (190watts).
- It has inverter compatibility.
- As it has a plastic body it can’t be used outside or else it will be damaged.
- As it is a desert cooler, after filling water to the brink it will be a bit hard to move.
- It will only work efficiently if there is proper air ventilation.
10 – Bajaj Frio 23 Ltrs Personal Air Cooler
Bajaj has released yet another air cooler which is so good that we had to add it to the list top 10 air coolers in India. The Bajaj Frio is a personal air cooler which has gained popularity for its efficiency. This air cooler has a lightweight plastic-based body structure. It isn’t very big in size and is suitable only for cooling small spaces and rooms. It can be moved smoothly from one place to the other as it has pre-fitted castor wheels at the bottom of its structure.
This air cooler by Bajaj has a simple design, a type which is seen in almost all personal coolers. The front side of the air cooler which throws out air has moveable blinds which guide the airflow. The water tank can hold up to 23litres and is located right below the fan. There is a water-level indicator which is located right at the bottom of the front side. It will let you know when you need to re-fill the air cooler.
This personal air cooler has an icebox fitted on the top of it. Right beside it are two controls which can be used to control the ‘wind speed’ and ‘swing/pump’. As this air cooler is compact, it only requires the use of one honeycomb pad which is located at the backside. It has an overflow water outlet right below the honeycomb pad, to prevent water from overflowing.
- The Bajaj Frio is a personal air cooler which has a water holding capacity of 23litres.
- This air cooler is to be used for mostly indoor purposes and small spaces.
- This air cooler has castor wheels at the bottom for smooth movement.
- This air cooler has a single honeycomb pad at the backside.
- It can work on the power of 140watts/230V.
- This air cooler comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 44.5 cm x 34.0 cm x 78.0 cm
- Price: It will cost you about Rs.5500.
- It is a personal air cooler which is lightweight.
- This air cooler can easily be moved around.
- It has a 23litre water tank.
- It consumes low power.
- It is not useful in cases of big areas.
- This air cooler is inefficient after a while as the room will become humid.
- It is not as durable as other air coolers.
Well, those were the most bought and efficient air coolers available in the market. Now, let us answer a few of your queries. This also includes a guide on how to purchase or buy the perfect air cooler for your home.
Complete Air Cooler Buying Guide
Now that you have decided you want to buy an air cooler, let us go through some of the points you should keep in mind while purchasing one.
Have a fixed budget:
One of the most important things before buying anything is to be sure how much you can spend on it. As the difference in prices in air coolers are almost marginal, it will become a tough task to choose one if you don’t have a budget in mind. You might start looking at air coolers whose price is Rs.6000 and end up looking at an air cooler which is worth Rs.12000. So, be sure to keep a fixed budget.
What is the purpose:
For what purpose do you require an air cooler? Is it to cool your living room, small room, balcony, kitchen, storeroom, outdoor use? Where are you going to place this air cooler? You have to be aware of these factors then only will you be able to buy the perfect air cooler.
Check out the features:
Just because you have found an air cooler which is cheap doesn’t mean it will contain all the features you want. Be sure to check the various features the air cooler has to offer; mobility, water tank capacity, air delivery speed, icebox, etc. You have to check out all these features before buying an air cooler.
Check the quality:
Be sure you check the quality of the body of the air cooler and the motor of the fan. If anyone of these two is of low quality do not buy that air cooler, as it will not have a long life. Try to buy branded air coolers, they are not too expensive and they guarantee quality.
Make sure you get benefits:
May air cooler companies now days are offering warranties and guarantees be sure to opt for them. It will be beneficial for you in case something happens to your air cooler.
That’s all the point you need to keep in mind while buying an air cooler. Now with that being said, let us tell you some of the best and trustworthy brands from where you can buy high-quality air coolers.
Best Air Cooler Brands in India
One of the oldest brands which have been in the market for quite a while now. The air coolers put forward by Bajaj are simple and get the job done. They are a bit expensive in reference to their designs, which is because they are made up of good material. Also, these air coolers come with a warranty.
This air cooler brand is a big hit nowadays. The air coolers provided by Crompton look stylish and go good with people’s home. They are made of hard-plastic and good quality material hence making them good air coolers. These air coolers also come with a warranty.
Just like Bajaj, Symphony has also been selling air coolers and other electrical products for a long time in India. These products get good reviews and show great performance. The air coolers produced by Symphony are stylish and simple, both at the same time. They provide high-speed air and a good cooling effect. These air coolers also come with a warranty.
This is more of a modern brand but it does produce some really good air coolers. They are stylish, powerful and available in various types. These air coolers also come with a warranty.
Well, those were some of the best air cooler brands in India. These brands have showcased their abilities by producing efficient and reasonably-priced air coolers. Now let us share with you some tips for better cooling.
Some Cooling Tips for Air Coolers
As air coolers work on the principle of adding moisture to the air, it is required you keep some windows or doors open when they are running. The reason being, after a while these air coolers will make the air inside very humid and hence you start to feel sticky as well as hot. Cross-ventilation will allow you the indoor to get replaced with new ‘dry air’ which will then prevent the whole room from getting too humid.
2. Add Ice:
As the water put inside in the cooler drips along the sides and through the honeycomb pads, to give a cooling effect. If that water were to be cold the cooling effect would increase and your room would get cooler faster. So, just add ice into the ice-box or directly inside the water tank.
3. Clean your cooler:
For anything to work properly it should be maintained and cleaned regularly. This also includes the proper cleaning of the water tank, changing of the honeycomb pads, and regular changing of water.
On following these steps you will notice that your air cooler is now doing better cooling. Now, let us answer some commonly asked questions.
Air Cooler FAQs
Q1) Which is the best air cooler in India 2019?
A- This is a relative question as there can be many coolers which are the ‘best’ but in different domains. There can be the best desert air cooler or best tower air cooler. It also depends on the price and features offered. To give you an insight here are the best air coolers for the various types:
- Best desert air cooler: Hindware Snowcrest 50
- Best personal air cooler: Hindware Snowcrest 85-H
- Best tower air cooler: Flipkart SmartBuy Alpine Tower Air Cooler
Q2) Which brand air cooler is best in India?
A- The best brand which produces air coolers which are efficient and worth their money are: Hindware, Symphony, Crompton and Bajaj.
Q3) Does air cooler really work?
A- Yes, air coolers actually work; they cool the air. But there some factors which you have to keep in mind for them to work correctly:
- You have to allow cross ventilation whenever using an air cooler.
- You have to have water in your air cooler, cold water will help speed up the process.
- You will have to maintain and clean your air cooler.
Q4) Does air cooler consume more electricity than fan?
A- Yes, they do consume more electricity. Air coolers consume about 35%-40% more electricity than regular fans.
Q5) Does air cooler work like AC?
A- No, it does not work like an AC. An air cooler uses the combination of water a high-speed winds to add moisture to the air and give a cooling effect. AC’s, on the other hand, use gaseous substances to provide you with cool air.
Q6) Is air cooler better than an air conditioner?
A- There is no right answer for this. It depends person-to-person. Both have their equal set of pros and cons. Like air coolers work properly only in dry areas, while as AC’s consume a lot of power and release a lot of heat while running. To give you an estimate, more people opt for AC’s than they do for coolers.
Q7) Which is better desert cooler or room cooler?
A- A desert cooler is a better option as it allows outside air to come inside. Hereby preventing the room from becoming too humid and sticky. A room cooler, on the other hand, tends to make the room humid and decrease the cooling effect if cross-ventilation is not done properly.
Q8) What is the difference between a tower fan and air cooler?
A- A tower fan is basically, just a fan which rotates while standing on one spot. On very hot days it is ineffective. A tower air cooler, on the other hand, is an air cooler shaped like a tower and provides the surrounding with a cooling effect.
Q9) Can we use air cooler without water?
A- Yes., you can use it. However, it is not preferred as in many cases the motor burns out. And using an air cooler without water is like using a normal fan, won’t be as effective.
Q10) Is air cooler good for health?
A- Yes, it is. As it does not use any harmful substances but rather just uses water. It isn’t harmful to you.
Q11) Can we put ice in air cooler?
A- Yes, you can put ice in an air cooler. It is recommended that you do so in order to get the best cooling experience.
Q12) Does air cooler cause cold?
A- Not necessarily, it does not cause the cold. If you’re already cold and you’re sitting in front of an air cooler then you might catch a cold.
Those were the best air cooler in India 2020 with price!
Well, that is all folks! We hope you found this article to be informative and worth your time. The features and prices mentioned by us are the real features and prices. There is no made-up information here. We, hope you will now be able to buy an air cooler with ease with the help of this guide.